How Lucy order automation software speaks to ERPs
Have you met Lucy yet? She's an automated order processing solution, and her goal is to simplify and streamline your PO process - and she knows how complex it can be. She's been developed with B2B ecommerce organisations in mind, and she understands that each one is unique. She meets the challenge of processing large volumes of inbound orders, increases order management efficiencies, and eliminates manual work and the errors that go with it.
Best of all, she not only integrates with your ERP, but she doesn't care what ERP your customers are using - she's smart enough to learn all of them, and use that knowledge for continual improvement.
In this blog, we're taking a closer look at Lucy's ERP integration capabilities.
How does Lucy integrate with your ERP?
Lucy begins by identifying the data that needs to be exchanged between herself and your ERP, such as customer information, product catalogues, and order details. She then determines the format of the data that will be used for the integration, such as XML or JSON. Once a method for transferring the data between the two systems has been selected - an API or a data exchange platform - she then configures the ERP system to export the required data in the agreed format.
Now, she's ready to communicate with your ERP system in real-time, ensuring data is being transferred correctly and that she's working seamlessly with your ERP. And she monitors the integration regularly to identify any issues and make any necessary adjustments. She does all of this neatly and quietly, without interfering with your operation.
Order management in ERP - how will my business benefit from the integration?
When you integrate your ERP with Lucy, your operations will benefit from:
- Improved efficiency - you'll significantly reduce - or even eliminate - manual effort and errors, resulting in a faster, more efficient and streamlined process
- Real-time visibility - integration allows for real-time access to order information, reducing the time it takes to process orders and increasing accuracy. With a complete view of the order process, you'll quickly identify any issues and take corrective action, improving the overall customer experience
- Better inventory management - integration improves inventory accuracy, reducing the risk of overstocking or stock shortages
- Enhanced data quality - integration eliminates duplicates, ensures consistency, and enables corrections and translations which improves the quality of data stored in your ERP system. Better data means better decision-making which helps drive growth and success
- Improved order auditing - better understanding of orders from start to finish, providing a complete view of the order process and enabling quick resolution of any issues that may arise
- Better Reporting - integration enables real-time reporting and analytics, providing valuable insights into the performance of your order management operations
- Enhanced customer experience - an integrated automated order processing system can lead to faster, accurate order fulfilment, which can improve customer satisfaction and loyalty
Improved efficiency, better data quality, and enhanced customer satisfaction are what ultimately helps to drive growth and success for your business.
ERP order management integrations - which ones can Lucy integrate with?
It must be a full ERP system, and not something like Xero or a CRM. Lucy can utilise various connection methods for all major ERP systems as required, with a generic connection bridge that we can use to connect if your system has an available API with documentation. If no API is available, we'll talk to you about using Lucy to place orders for your business via SFTP.
Is there an integration support team behind Lucy?
Once Lucy is built, tested and handed over to you for Go-Live, Lucy’s Support and Customer Success Teams will provide ongoing support for all of your integration needs.
In today’s fast-paced and competitive ecommerce environment, your B2B ecommerce business needs to be efficient, responsive, and accurate to meet the demands of their customers. By integrating your ERP with an automated order processing solution like Lucy, you'll achieve just that. If you're ready to lay the foundation for a successful integration between Lucy and your ERP system, get in touch and we'll discuss your next step.
Curious about how much your B2B business could save with Lucy? Take a few minutes to crunch the numbers with the Lucy Cost Savings Calculator.